Digest is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Digest may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 2013.
What we collect
We (or third-parties) collect the following information:
- When browsing content on this site:
- information about the device or software you are using to access the site for analytics purposes to understand what devices our visitors use when visiting the site
- your location, for analytics purposes to understand where our visitors are accessing the site from
- information about which pages you visit, how much time you spend on those pages and which (if any) links you clicked on those pages for analytics purposes in order to understand which content resonates with our audience and to improve the usability of the site for future visits
- When subscribing to our mailing list:
- your name
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as preferences and interests (if you choose)
- When posting a public comment on this site:
- your name (if you choose)
- contact information including email address
- your I.P. address to verify the posted comment is genuine and unique
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We use the information to improve our content, including marketing shown to you on the site.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Third Parties and cookies
Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. This is only used for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Cookies are may also be used by advertisers on this site to improve the suitability of advertising, based on your interests.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. For the most part, declining cookies won’t affect your experience of our content too much. However, allowing cookies may improve some aspects of the user experience and helps us to tailor the site to our reader’s preferences .
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Digest Magazine, 346 Brownhill Road, London SE6 1AY, United Kingdom or by email on email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.