Digest is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Digest may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 2013.
What we collect
We (or third-parties) collect the following information:
- When browsing content on this site:
- information about the device or software you are using to access the site for analytics purposes to understand what devices our visitors use when visiting the site
- your location, for analytics purposes to understand where our visitors are accessing the site from
- information about which pages you visit, how much time you spend on those pages and which (if any) links you clicked on those pages for analytics purposes in order to understand which content resonates with our audience and to improve the usability of the site for future visits
- information about your browsing habits (anonymously) is used by advertising partner, Google (if enabled in cookie preferences), to serve only relevant advertising on the site.
- When subscribing to our mailing list:
- your name
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as preferences and interests (if you choose)
- When posting a public comment on this site:
- your name (if you choose)
- contact information including email address
- your I.P. address to verify the posted comment is genuine and unique
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We use the information to improve our content, including marketing shown to you on the site.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only do this if you have opted in to receive these emails via our signup form.
Cookies are small bits of computer-read and -written code that can store information about the pages you visit to improve the user experience. For example, they may be written to remember that you’ve proven you are a human commenter so that you don’t have to repeat the test every time you comment. They also are written to remember your cookie acceptance preferences so that you are not asked on every page you visit. You can read and enjoy our content without requiring cookies to be written to your computer, however some essential cookies (first-party cookies set by this site) improve the overall experience of the site.
Third Parties and cookies
Third party vendors may also read or write cookies during your use of this site. You can choose whether to allow third-party cookies or not via controls on this site, however this may disable some functions such as those embedded from third party vendors. This might mean that you are unable to see embedded video content, comment using a social media account
Advertising on Digest uses Google’s AdSense to display advertising on pages of this site. Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Digest Magazine, 346 Brownhill Road, London SE6 1AY, United Kingdom or by email on email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.